History[edit | edit source]
General Petra Bellweather has served in the U.S. army for most of her life, just like her ancestors before her. She is mother to cadet Abigail Bellweather.
Throughout the Series[edit | edit source]
Petra is the guiding and pushing force behind Abigail Bellweather. She has served for long time in the U.S. army as a General, and she wants her daughter to follow in her footsteps. At times, Petra can be very pushy and expects nothing but the best from Abigail. However, it is clear from her actions that she cares deeply for her.
Petra was always a dutiful general who supported and helped General Alder, however she started to have doubts about Alder's decisions as The Spree started to gain momentum. Upon learning from Raelle Collar that Alder had a Spree infiltrator at Fort Salem, she approached the President. The President decided to relieve Alder of her longtime duty as leader of the army and informed Petra that she planned to make her the new head of the army. However, during the President's televised speech, Alder puppeteered the President and granted Alder unlimited power instead of declaring Petra as the new leader.
Because of this attempt, Alder blocked her daughter's placement at War College and deployed her unit. Managing to pull some strings, Petra secured a solo placement at the college for Abigail, but when the latter learned that this did not include her unit, Abigail went ahead and joined them on the Tarim rescue mission with Alder.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Physical Appearance[edit | edit source]
Petra is tall with dark brown hair. She is always dressed very elegantly and walks with a lot of confidence.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Powers[edit | edit source]
Witch Physiology: As a witch, Anacostia is capable of affecting change by generating different sound frequencies with her voice. As a Bellweather, she is a very powerful witch.
- Detection: Petra and other witches used tuning forks to try to find mirror residue of the Spree's works.
- Weather Manipulation: Petra and the witch generals at Charvel Bellweather's wedding combined their voices to create a powerful storm of wind to blast back the Spree's balloons. She is known as the "mistress of blasters."
- Windstrike: When the Camarilla assassins self-immolated, Petra and Abigail windstruck the two out of the mansion.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Expert Combatant: Petra, along with Abigail were able to fight against two Camarilla assassins. Petra got into a fist fight with a blonde assassin and defeated him by kicking him through a door.
- Skilled Scourge Wielder: After finding Abigail getting tortured by the Camarilla, Petra pulled a scourge from her side and fought against the duo with it briefly.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Willa Collar was one of the bravest soldiers I knew. She was the fixer every unit wanted to deploy with. Your mother's unconventional methods delivered incredible results. Countless lives were saved because of her work. And from what I understand, you have followed in her footsteps by trying to save a young man's life. I wish she could have been here with us today. She would've been so proud of you.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Petra fought with Raelle's mother, Willa Collar, in the war on the Spree. Willa allegedly died under Petra's command, but when Raelle confronts her on it, Petra doesn't answer directly.
- Her female ancestor, the first member of Bellweather family to serve in U. S. Army, was a slave.
- It is implied by Abigail that Petra had other sisters besides Edith who died in combat.